Audiobook Creator has a new version and now fully supports iBook ebook files. Again, only DRM free files can be converted. This requires the newest Mac OSx, Mavericks 10.9; which has the iBooks app.
You can move all your DRM-free iBooks to audiobooks and listen on iTunes, or iPhone.
In order to use with ibooks, it is the same process as other ebook files. However, there is an extra step involved to get iBooks out of iBook application.
- Start iBooks app
- Drag and Drop the ebook to the desktop, this will create a copy of original epub file
- From desktop, drag and drop the copied e-book file (epub). If it is not DRM protected it will be available to process
Alternatively, you can use the menus. When the audiobook creator application is focused. You go to File-Open and open the file that you want to.
- this will load the file and show the meta data of the file
- Click on Convert to start the conversion
- Once it is done, you will get back to done screen where you can open with iTunes or Reveal in Finder